La Skadrill sang'traiz
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

warhammer

AccueilGalerieDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Nike : Jusqu’à 50% sur les articles de fin de saison
Voir le deal

comment faire du flocage a pas cher et en anglais

AuteurMessage
Pinou
Admin
Pinou

comment faire du flocage a pas cher et en anglais  Empty
MessageSujet: comment faire du flocage a pas cher et en anglais    comment faire du flocage a pas cher et en anglais  Icon_minitimeMer 4 Aoû - 21:17

How to Make Warhammer Modeling Flock

That is the problem that Dave and I ran into as soon as we started making gaming terrain, and it was one of the first experiments we decided to tackle. Since we wanted to “simulate” working on a tight budget (ok, we are working on a tight budget, I’ll admit it), this was something we had to overcome.

So I started doing some digging. After considerable research (if I don’t find something through Google it probably doesn’t exist) I finally found an article that taught us how to make modeling flock.

Both Dave and I were pretty excited. We had found a way to make $100 worth of modeling flock for only $1!

However, we quickly found that the instructions were very inadequate. Our first attempt at creating modeling flock produced these results:

Bad Modeling Flock Results

The modeling flock was very brown (not green like grass) and it was much MUCH coarser than the Games Workshop version.

Nevertheless, Dave and I would not give up that easily. It took us four tries before getting the recipe just right, but we did it!

So without further delay, here are the detailed instructions on how to make modeling flock:

(Please note: The images here are from our first failed attempt, but since I don’t have updated images of our successful attempts - which I will have soon - they will have to suffice. The images are still mostly accurate to show you the various steps. I will update the new images as soon as I have them ready.)

Step 1 - Get Your Materials Ready

Modeling Flock Essentials

Here is what you’ll be needing:

-a container to mix it in (we use a gallon sized ice cream container)
-a cookie sheet to dry the modeling flock on (don’t use new ones, your mother / wife won’t be happy)
-a tube of green paint (in the picture it shows a tube of blue paint and a tube of yellow paint, but we found it easier to just get a tube of green paint)
-water
-a stirring stick
-sawdust (that’s right, modeling flock is just dyed sawdust!)
-a fine strainer

The tubes of paint that we use are 4 U.S. fl oz, or 118 mL. We buy them at the dollar store for $1.

You can get the sawdust from any lumber mill. They should be more than happy to hand over a garbage bag full free of charge. If not, then just find someone you know who is a carpenter.

The sawdust should have been made from sanding, not from cutting wood.

Step 2 - Water Down The Paint

Modeling Flock Paint Step 2

You will first need to water down the paint that you are using to dye the saw dust. The amount that you water down will determine how much flock you make.

We will typically empty the entire 118 mL tube of green paint into the container and then fill the container 3cm (about 1 1/4 inches) full of water.

Modeling Flock Paint Step 2 Part 2

Modeling Flock Paint Step 2 Part 3

WARNING: If you water down the paint too much your flock will be brown. That was our first mistake which ended up with the ugly stuff you saw in the first picture. Even though it started out a nice green it ended up an ugly brown, which was useful only to be used as dirt and not grass.

Mix the water and paint with a stirring stick. We just used the typical stirring sticks that you get from the paint stores, but you can really use anything that you don’t care getting stained with green paint.

(Important Note: The colour of your flock will be slightly browner than the green paint that you mix, so choose a colour paint that is slightly brighter than your desired modeling flock colour.)

Step 3 - Add the Sawdust

Modeling Flock Step 3

The next step is to add the sawdust. First add a small amount to turn the watered down paint mixture into a thick sludge. Then continue adding more and more sawdust until it is mixed in well.

The easiest way to tell when to stop adding sawdust is when you add a bit more and it is very hard to mix in (i.e. it is hard to get rid of the brown sawdust). This is the point where you should stop.

Warning: If you stop sooner than this your flock will not be fine enough. However, don’t expect your flock to be as fine as the Games Workshop version at this point. That will come later.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

comment faire du flocage a pas cher et en anglais
Page 1 sur 1